Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What a difference a few months make...

Oh, hello. Who am I? I'm Jenn. You may not remember me. It's been quite a while. How have you been? Me? I've been very well, thanks for asking...

I never planned on being a blogger (at all, really). But more importantly, I never planned on being a blogger who went and dumped her blog after finding a man. Whoopsie. That's kind of like ditching all your friends to spend time with only your man. (I haven't done that). But I realized that I didn't have much to say anymore. Most of my posts were about boys, flirting, dating, hooking up, etc. And now there's just the one man, and he's wonderful. And I mean wonderful. It may seem quick, but we're already living together (I know, what?!?! And I didn't think that was blog-worthy?!) and have actually already looked at some sparkly rings for the all-important finger. He hasn't proposed yet, but I know he's going to. And he's already talked to my parents about it, and my brother and sister-in-law, and his mom, and his friends, and random strangers, and pretty much anyone who will listen to him. As far as the bling goes, he's already told me to pick out whichever one I want (that we've looked at and discussed) and it's mine. Trust me, this is not as easy as it sounds.

Anyway, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things with this here blog. Thanks to Molly over at These Little Moments. She has issued a challenge. Specifically, it's about losing weight and being healthier. Since dating Boy Wonder (my nickname for him, since everything seems to work for him!), I have gained SO MUCH WEIGHT! Remember, back in January when I made New Year's Resolutions? And how one of them was to lose 30 pounds? And then how I did a 3 month up-date on those and had lost 12 pounds? Yeah... about that. Now, to meet my goal of losing 30 pounds, I actually need to lose something like 40. (Maybe I'm rounding up... I don't actually remember the exact number that I started at. I think technically I need to lose 38 to meet my goal of losing 30 this year). I've gained a whopping 20 pounds since dating him! I know this happens when you first start dating someone... you go out to eat more often, portion sizes get bigger, you order pizza every Friday for movie night, etc. but this is not good. So, since Molly is hoping to lose a little bit of weight, she's offering a support group of sorts to help anyone who wants to join. We're doing this for the next month (27 days, I think, to be precise) and I'm going to try and lose 5-10 pounds and get to the gym 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I'm going to be keeping track of my journey on here for the next few weeks.

I'm not trying to turn this into a weight-loss blog, but maybe getting back in the habit of writing about the challenge will help inspire me to write about other things as well. Now if I could only figure out what to write about...

2 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

It has been awhile since you posted!!

Glad to hear things are going good with the boy!!!

I think the losing weight is a great challenge! I still have about 7 pounds that I would love to shred and I'm hopeful I can accomplish that by the end of the year!

chickbug said...

omg! I'm so happy for you! And happy you popped up in my google reader.

I need to majorly get back on the losing weight bandwagon. Maybe you can be my inspiration!