Monday, September 24, 2007

slacker

I have been a total slacker on my blog lately. I guess not too much is going on in my life to blog about, but I still feel I should try and blog more often than once a week or so. I think this is only the 2nd blog I've done this whole month! That's crazy and I'm going to be better about it.

Last week was National Single's Week. That's going to be my excuse for not blogging at all last week, I was out celebrating my singledom! Of course, this isn't exactly true. I didn't really do anything to celebrate being single. But after reading that it was National Single's Week, I did at least think happily about all the things I can do because I'm single. I can go out with whoever I want, whenever I want and not feel the need to justify it to anyone. Everything I own is mine, not ours. I can frivolously spend my money on whatever the hell I want. I can openly discuss all the men I find attractive without hurting anyone's feelings. I can go out and make out with a different guy every night if I want. I mean, there really are a lot of good things that come from being single.

And yet, it doesn't make me feel any better about being single. I know I don't need a man. A big part of me doesn't really even want a man right now. I'm still hurt from the ex and I don't want to go through that all again. I just wish I had someone to do things with sometimes. I wish I had someone to share a bottle of wine with while watching a movie and cuddling on a Friday night. Now, of course I can have a bottle of wine and watch a movie all by myself, but somehow it's just not the same.

I'm trying to use this time to focus on myself and my wants right now. I've become an adviser for my sorority at a campus close to town. I've also joined my sorority's alum social group, so I'm out there trying to meet other people to be friends with. I'm working out, eating well (most of the time at least), and I'm taking time to just explore things I like or want to learn more about. I know it will all come together at some point. I just hope it does before I lose my mind completely.

No comments: