Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Memorbale life

As i cleaned up my kitchen last night after cooking dinner for myself, it struck my that absolutely nothing happened that day. I got up, worked out, had breakfast, went to work, had lunch with my mom at work, went home, did some crunches, made dinner, played with my dog, and watched some TV. While all of it was all well and good, nothing bad happened after all, absolutely none of it was memorable. There was nothing that I did that day that I would later remember and think, "That was a good day." And I think, sadly, that more often than not, that's how my days are. I go through my life, do what I need to do, do some things I enjoy, and that's that.

It wasn't a bad realization. It was just more disheartening. I don't want my life to be blah. I don't want it to be the same thing, day in and day out with nothing really to show for it. I want to be able to write one of those Christmas newsletters at the end of the year highlighting all the wonderful things I've done this year... not that I would, mind you, I just wish I was able to if I did want to. If I wrote one of those this year it would include these fine details: went on a ski trip, ex broke up with me, kinda got back together with the ex briefly, broke up with the ex again, went on several blind dates that didn't amount to much, and continued to work at my job where I'm lucky to see 3 patients a week. That would be a Christmas letter that no one would want to read. I don't want all the memorable events in my life to surround my lack of a love life.

I've blogged about this before, somewhat. Trying to figure out what to do with my life. Creating a list of things I want to do in this lifetime. I just need to figure out a way to be more passionate about these things and really do them. I don't want life to happen to me... I want to make my life happen. I sound so chessy right about now that I think I'm going to stop this post. But, I'm keeping these thoughts in my mind to try to make my life more memorable.

No comments: