Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Cooking Disaster

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here. I blame the economy.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you another story from kitchen. Some of you may recall the disaster that was my Thanksgiving side dish and the meltdown that ensued. Luckily there was no meltdown, but it was somewhat of a disaster.

So, I was invited to a cookie exchange that took place yesterday. I decided to try a new recipe (found here) and wanted to make a batch ahead of time to make sure I liked it. So Thursday after work I set out to the store to get the ingredients I needed, which was a little hard to determine since I didn't really have a great concept of what I already had at home. This led me to buy things I didn't really need, but that's neither here nor there in this story. When I finally get around to making the cookies I discover that it's kinda hard to make an entire batch of cookies with just a handheld mixer (leading me to think that maybe I should have asked for a mixer for Christmas...).

While I'm making said cookies, I'm having an entire conversation with a certain somebody over text message. This "certain somebody" is also a story for another day... or maybe not at all. I'll decide later. This led me to maybe not be as focused on the cookies as I should have been. I get all done making them and think "Well there's no way this dough is going to form into balls... it's too runny." So I just plop some batter on the cookie sheet and shove it in the oven. While they're baking I call my mom to tell her about the runny batter. She asks if maybe I forgot something. I look at the recipe again and discover, oh yes I did. Flour is somewhat a major ingredient, not something that should be forgotten!

When all was said and done, the cookies did turn out to be absolutely delicious. I've heard nothing but rave reviews. Maybe I should just stay away from the kitchen for a while!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ha! Yeah, flour is a must. I'm glad they turned out delicious for you anyway. Have a merry Christmas!

Maria said...

LOL!

Auburn Kat said...

Blaming the economy these days is so easy =)