Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

I haven't had much to write about lately it seems. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm leaning towards bad. True, I mostly just end up writing about my crazy love life and the stupid boys I can't seem to get out of my head. Which means that I mostly write when I'm upset about something that's happened. So since I haven't blogged in a while, nothing upsetting has happened and no boys are being stupid (well, not proactively being stupid at least). But that also means that the past few days have been kinda boring. Since my Thanksgiving meltdown, I've just been very quietly going about my life. Day in and day out. Which is fine. But like I said, doesn't give me much to discuss. So, for you I now present random thoughts swirling through my head:

  • It seems like every weekend is the same thing. I go out with friends to a bar, I meet a guy who seems interested, we exchange numbers, I don't go home with him, and then I never hear from him again. It doesn't really bug me that I don't hear from them, because clearly if they were worth anything I would. I just find it fascinating that so many men just want the one-night thing. I don't expect to find Mr. Right at a bar (although I know that happens on occasion), but they shouldn't expect that I'm gonna sleep with them right after meeting them.
  • I can't figure out what I want for Christmas, let alone what to get anyone else! And I only have c ouple more weeks to do shopping, which normally would be plenty of time. But I normally at least have a couple good ideas. Or a day at work that I'm not too busy that I can take off to go to the mall and look around to gain inspiration. But the past few weeks I've been so busy at work that I don't have a day I can do that, and I'm not getting out of work most days until 7 so by that time I'm not in the mood to go shopping. Hopefully I'll come up with great ideas quickly, before time runs out.
  • Sometimes I feel a little anti-social. Last night I got home from work, did the treadmill (for the second time yesterday), worked on a report for work, made and ate dinner, and then took my dog for a walk. While I was taking my dog for a walk, I got a call from a friend I haven't spoken to in months (on my cell, which I had forgotten at home). When I got the message, I thought, "I really want to talk to her, but I don't really feel like talking to anyone right now." So I didn't call her back. Does that make me a bad friend?
  • I really hate driving in snow. With a passion. To the point that if it's snowing, even slightly, and I don't have to drive anywhere, I won't. Maybe that makes me a wimp.
  • The holidays are usually my favorite time of the year. I just wish I had someone to share them with. To go look at Christmas lights with, decorate a tree with, sit by a fire and drink hot chocolate with. So I'm trying to embrace my singleness (I'm aware that's not a word) and do these things by myself. Decorate a tree? Check. Sit by a fire? Check. Drink hot chocolate? Check. Next up, Christmas lights.

That's all I got. With any luck some boy will do something stupid soon so I have a more interesting life and story to tell!

3 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I definitely feel anti-social at times and then when I actually want to go and do something with someone else I never can find anyone to go with me...

Maria said...

i write a lot when i'm upset or crazy things are happening too. i'm antisocial, i pretty much hate talking on the phone. driving in the snow is the worst and if i didn't have to do it i definitely wouldn't!!!

Anonymous said...

here's an idea... call him. Seriously call him. (and by him I mean whoever the hell it is) I would LOVE for a woman to call me and ask me out... but maybe that's just because I was a wreck around women and if I got past the blabbering to actually speak words to her I was doing great.

Anyways... Just a thought.