Monday, December 29, 2008

Apparently Flour Does Not Exist in My World

So I forgot the flour in ANOTHER recipe that I made on Saturday. Seriously?! What the eff is wrong with my cooking abilities lately? Now, granted this was in a casserole and the flour was just to thicken up the sauce. It tastes just as good without (well, maybe not seeing as though I've never made it before so I don't really know what it was supposed to taste like... but good nonetheless). Way better to forget the flour in a casserole than in cookies. I'm going to just go ahead and blame the economy again.

Other news and notes from the past week... how proud am I of Miami football? Okay, the Hurricanes didn't win their bowl game, but generally speaking I thought they looked A LOT better than Cal did. And with as many young players on the team, I'm already getting excited for next season. I think we may be on our way back. But the Dolphins?! Oh man, now that's something to get excited about (assuming you like the Dolphins). Going from 1-15 last year to making the playoffs and winning the division this year? Amazing turn around. I'm gonna be rooting for them all the way.

Christmas was good. I got some really nice things and loved spending time with my family... even if me and my younger brother did have a virus. He got it way worse than I. Stomach issues are just no fun, especially at the holidays. But all in all it was a good time. It always seems to go by too fast though.

And finally, what exactly defines a "fling"? I think I may be having one (no, not with a married man, which is what usually pops into my brain when I hear the term fling). Or maybe it's already been flung...?

Just some random tidbits for your Monday. My brain is still on vacation. Clearly.

2 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

A fling in my opinion, is just a relationship that you know won't go anywhere in the end...

Maria said...

i don't have a text book definition but flings are fun ;)

thats hysterical you forgot flour again haha