Monday, March 2, 2009

Matched Again

I know, I know. I'm a horrible blogger. I haven't been around. And when I have been, the stories have not been all that interesting. Last week I had a painful episode of tendonitis in my wrist and was told, by doctors (fine, yes they were also my parents) that I should try to not type as much. So I took a break. I'm back. We'll see if I can find something fun to write about today...

I'm ready to date, to get back out there, to meet new guys. Problem was that I hadn't been out in weeks and I wasn't meeting too many guys sitting at home by myself. Strange. S is dating a new(ish) guy (he's actually her ex from high school. they've been broken up for like 6 years, but started hanging out a while back and decided to try it again). Couple that with the fact that it's remained winter, despite my hoping daily that I'll wake up to warm weather, and S and I have not gone out since the first week in January. Yes, I had gone to that hockey game and then actually went out that same weekend with a friend, but that was the first time in literally 5 weeks I had left my house for an evening. Then I came to the realization that, yes, I still like Juice but clearly he is not ready for me. Will he ever be? Who knows. If it works out that I'm still single if/when he decides he is ready for me, then maybe we'll try again. But in the meantime? What the hell am I doing wasting my time pining away for someone who clearly does not want to be with me? Nope. Done. And all of this combined to make my decision a firm one. I joined eHarmony again.

I haven't actually met anyone yet. Or even gotten to the "open" communication stage with anyone yet. But we'll see. I'm hopeful, but mostly it gives me other guys to think about. And it's fun to get new matches every day! Even when one of the matches is none other than... The Reason.

That's right folks. The guy I dated for a year, and then some, showed up as a match in this morning's batch of emails. Wow. Now, let me say that The Reason has a very unique name, so I knew it was him immediately. I just started laughing. Seriously? I mean, seriously eHarmony? Again, wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given that eHarmony is how he and I met and ended up dating in the first place and given that he recently broke up with his girlfriend. I just wasn't expecting it. Even funnier... when I logged on to eHarmony later to send some communications and check out my new matches, I clicked on "Who's Viewed Me?" (which is new to me... last time I was on there, they didn't have this gem) and found that he indeed had looked at my profile. And, while he didn't communicate with me, he also didn't close me. Maybe he doesn't ever close anyone... but he had to know it was me. Granted I chopped my hair off after we broke up, but I have some of the same pics on myspace and facebook as I do on eHarmony and I know he's seen them there.

The over-analytical part of me immediately goes, "if he knew it was me and didn't close me, does that mean he's open to talking again?" And that makes part of me want to send him a message over facebook or something, making a joke of us being matched again, and seeing if he wants to get a drink sometime, as old friends. I don't think I actually will. After all, I've worked hard to move on with my life. And I want to move forward, not backward. But if nothing works out soon, it may just come to that! Ha ha

1 comment:

Jamie said...

that's funny. i was matched with a known to be gay friend on eharmony. my first thought was, why is he on here, but he's religious & wants the typical wife & family, poor girl he ends up with. his first thought was what happened to my husband.
funny all around.