Friday, March 13, 2009

The One Thing I'm Picky About

So I'm going on a date tonight. It's an eHarmony guy, so who knows. We actually went to the same high school, although didn't know each other back then (he's a couple years younger than me). We've talked a few times on the phone and the conversations are really good. We have the same sense of humor and the words just kinda flow. He's funny, nice, friendly. We know a lot of the same people, so I feel like we kinda already know each other.

Here's the problem. I hate to admit this, but I'm a girl who needs to feel that instant connection when I meet someone. Like I have to feel like I want to rip off your clothes right then. Not that I would. Let's make that clear... NOT THAT I WOULD. But I have to at least feel like I want to. If I don't feel that way, no matter how good the date is, no matter how much fun we have, no matter how sweet/nice/funny/good for me he is... well likely it's never gonna happen. I might try to force it and go out with you again, but probably every time it will end the same. No feelings of wanting more and therefore not working out. It's frustrating cuz it's the one area in my life that I'm picky about. And I try not be, because it makes me feel like a bitch.

So while I'm looking forward to the date, I'm kinda not looking forward to it also. I think we'll probably have a good time, but if that connection isn't there... well I don't know. I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, I went over to my brother's last weekend cuz he was having some people over. Three of the guys there were brothers and all three of them have hit on me in the past. Not at the same time. And not that they all knew it (I don't think at least, cuz that would be weird). It was a little awkward. There's not really anything more to that story, just wanted to share.

Happy weekend all!

1 comment:

Auburn Kat said...

How did it go?

I think once I move to where I want to live I might try eHarmony. You will have to let me know how your experience is with it!