Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reunion Crunch-Time

Well, I'm down to my last 9 days before my 10 year high school reunion. If you recall about 6 weeks ago, I was focused to lose weight for the reunion. The first two weeks went well, and then I stalled out for the next month or so. This past weekend? Not so good. It wasn't that I gave up completely... I just knew that the last two weeks I was going to go back to no bad carbs and really pumping up my workouts. So I gave myself a bit of a break. I'm over it, not punishing myself for it, but was disheartened when I got on the scale on Monday. However, this week has been really good. Back down to where I was and maybe even a pound lighter. But I tell you, when the drug rep brought in pizza for the office for lunch today, it was hard to resist. I did resist, but wasn't happy about doing so. I so look forward to having this reunion over and done with so I don't have to be so good about things.

Anyway... here is the new dilemma: what to wear? Should I buy a cute dress or a cute new top (and maybe new jeans)? I'm going to go shopping sometime this weekend and, while I don't have a ton of extra money right now, I do have enough to splurge on something new and cute to wear after all my hard work to look good. I really want to be the type of girl who wear cute dresses during the summer and so I kinda want to buy a dress. But I've always been more of the jeans and cute top kinda girl. I don't love my legs (they are really muscular) and so I like to hide them when possible. But dresses are in style these days, so I don't want to look out of place. It's tough being a girl sometimes.

2 comments:

chickbug said...

definitely treat yourself, and try on both jeans/top and dress...and see what feels right!

Jamie said...

I agree w/chickbug! Try on alot of things, see what you feel the hottest in! Definetly choose what you're most comfortable in:)

BTW- muscular legs DON'T sound like something you'd want to hide!