Monday, June 2, 2008

Annoyed

Here are the things I'm currently annoyed about:

1.) My lack of progress, weight-wise, no matter how good I am. I mean, I've been keeping track of my calories (haven't gone over 1600 calories, and typically fall around 1150 per day), eating the right types of foods, passing up cake and pizza at the office when it was someone's birthday, and playing on my Wii Fit every day, and I'm actually up about a pound from where I was a week ago. I've been focused. I haven't had any fast food for about a month. I cook. And what do I have to show for it? Nothing.

2.) My friend E from hs. She has always been self-centered and self-involved, but lately I guess it's been bothering me more. A couple weeks ago, I was stressed out about what to do about Bass and called her to get someone else's opinion and insight. She didn't answer the phone, so I left a message explaining why I was calling and the fact that I was stressed. Tried calling her the next day, and again she didn't answer. This time I didn't leave a message, and I got a text from her a few minutes later saying she had a headache and would try to call me the next day. Since then the only thing I've heard from her was two mass texts (sent to me and all her other friends) telling us how her boyfriend was doing (he had to have surgery). Maybe I'm being selfish, but if you can't be bothered to call me back when I'm obviously upset about something, than maybe I don't care how your boyfriend is doing. I know that sounds mean, and I am glad that the surgery went well (it wasn't life-threatening or anything), but still if you don't care about what's going on in my life, why should I care about yours?

3.) The fact that it's beautiful outside and I'm stuck at work. Okay, I'm mildly annoyed about this often I guess... I mean who wouldn't rather be enjoying the nice weather? But it's worse today because I don't have any patients to see the rest of the day or all day tomorrow! So I have nothing really to do, and yet here I sit while the sun shines outside.

4.) Men. C'mon, you knew it was coming! Bass is acting a little weird. he's been sick for about a week, but when he first starting getting sick, I still heard from him. Then I took him soup last week and called him the next day. He never called back. And when I finally texted him last night, he texted back but it was short and something about it just seemed off. I shouldn't care, and I guess I don't really, cuz I don't think he's "the one" but it has been nice to have someone to hang out and hook up with on a regular basis. So I guess I'm annoyed about it ending (if it is, who knows?) cuz it means I'll go back to being more lonely.

5.) The fact that I'm jealous that both my brother's have exciting things going on in their lives. Older brother and his wife are getting to go see Ohio State play USC next year at the Collesium (he went to school at USC, and we live in Buckeye country, so this really is a pretty cool deal). Plus, he's off this week to go to Florida with a couple of his friends for a few days. And little brother got a gig down in the Dominican Republic. So he gets basically an all-expenses paid trip down there and gets paid on top of that. I'm happy for them both, I really am, but I want something exciting to happen to me also! And quite honestly, I'm more annoyed about the fact that I'm jealous than annoyed about what they get to do cuz I don't want to be a bitter sister.

I guess that's it for now. Maybe I should write a list of things I'm happy about so that I can try to see the bigger picture...

No comments: