Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fore!

Well, I'm officially done with my golf lessons. Now this, in no way, means that I'm any good, but I feel like I can officially cross of "learn how to play golf" on my list of "Things To Do In This Lifetime". After all, I didn't say that I had to play golf well. maybe that will be on the revised version of the list. But, learn how to play golf? Check!

Of course now I want my own golf clubs. Do I like golf. I do... but it's not like I'm thinking that now maybe on a nice Saturday I'll pick up and go to the driving range. But maybe if I had nice new golf clubs, ones that went "ping" when you smacked a ball, maybe I would. Golf clubs? Not cheap! And as you recall, I'm trying to save as much money as I can so that I can travel sometime. So the questions is... do I just use my moms old clubs this summer anytime I want to play (they are from like the 70's... or maybe not, but they feel like it!), or do I splurge a little and get a set of clubs, even though that will cost me a pretty penny (probably upwards of $300)? I would ask for some for my birthday, but that isn't until November, so I'd basically be using the old ones all summer anyway if I did that. Plus I feel like I'd play a little more often if I had new clubs. For instance Bass likes golf and has suggested we go to the driving range. I'd be less embarrassed about doing that if I had pretty golf clubs. Maybe I'll head over to the golf store near my house after work and take a look to see about prices. My other problem... I know nothing about brands and which ones are good. Obviously I would want ones from a good brand!

And this just goes to show how my brain typically works. Once I think I want something, I want it right away! Maybe I should put "learn to be more patient" on my list... sigh.

No comments: