Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beggar's Night

Tonight is trick-or-treat night in my neighborhood. This is one of my favorite nights each year. I love seeing all the kids in their costumes and hearing them yelling "Trick-or Treat!" It makes me want to have babies even more than I already do, since by far my most favorite of the little kids are the real young ones. (Don't worry... this won't be happening any time soon).

Here's the problem, though, at my house with beggar's night... my dog. My sweet, wonderful, loving dog. He has a tendency to not like people so much when they're at the door. If they come into the house, obviously they are his new best friend. But if they stay on the outside, that must mean they're trouble. So he barks, sometimes growls, and tries to run outside to get them. (I don't think he'd actually do anything, he's much too chicken and would probably end up backing away, but I'd rather not find out). Anyway, this means that I have to scoop him up (weighing in at slightly less than 10 pounds makes this easier), plus pick up the bowl of candy, and open the door for the kiddies. This is not always the easiest of tasks, seeing as how I only have two hands.

Tonight, however, my problems may be solved! Juice (aka Mr. Softball as he's previously been known) is coming over to help me pass out candy. How sweetly domestic is that?!

No comments: