Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tomorrow

Have you ever had a day coming up that you are NOT looking forward to? Like, at all? Well, that's how I'm feeling about tomorrow.

First I have to get up earlier than I like (granted, not until 8:30, but for a girl who doesn't go to bed usually until 1, then reads for a while, and then has trouble falling asleep most nights... and I don't have to be at work until 11... so 8:30 seems early to me). And the reason I have to get up early? So I can work out. Namely, run. I don't like to run. And I'm trying to like it. I want to run a 5K at some point, which means I have to build up to it. So in the program I'm doing, tomorrow I have to run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes, and then walk 2 and 1/2 minutes, then repeat. I know this doesn't sound like much to others who like to run, but it left me literally gasping for air and feeling like I was going to die. The idea of doing that again tomorrow? Not loving it.

Then, at work, I have four patients literally back to back to back to back. And the first three back to backs? I'm doing the same hour-long lecture for all three of them. And my last patient doesn't start until 6, so I won't be home until after 7. Which just makes for a long day. Yes, I would rather be busy than not have anything to do at work, but I'd much prefer having them at least a little more spread out.

And finally, I called the guy from softball tonight. I still hadn't heard from him, so I wanted to maybe try and clear the air. So I left a message basically saying that I hoped he was okay and I had enjoyed getting to know him, but I wish he had let me know what was going on. And then ended saying that I hoped we were cool and he'd still come to the playoffs on Friday and promised there'd be no drama. I was trying to come across as nonchalant, but worthy of a little respect. But I'm worried I came across as whiny, bitchy, or crazy. Of course that could just be in my head. Of course, this means that all day tomorrow I will be religiously fixed on my phone, hoping that he calls back and gives me a heads up as to what happened. And he probably won't. Which will make me more frustrated.

So, yeah. Not looking forward to tomorrow at all. (I guess technically at this point, that would be later today). So I'm going to try and visualize a perfectly wonderful day. And maybe that will make it all that way.

1 comment:

Maria said...

yep i have days like that. when i have stupid people i know i'll have to deal with at work and then i have an absolutely boring meeting. jogging actually gets better. i HATED it but the more i do it the more i like it. i still feel like i'm going to die sometimes ;)

try not to analyze yourself too much, we always tend to think we came off worse than we did!