Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bringin' it back to middle school

How much fun is it when you are checking your email to find that you've got a friend request sent to you from myspace? And how much more fun is it when you realize that it's from a boy you had a serious crush on in middle school before he changed schools? And how much even more fun is it when he sends you a message saying you guys should get together sometime? It apparently has made my brain revert back to being a 13-year old girl... giddy, and giggly, and nervous, and hoping he'll actually call.

Now, will he call? Who knows. And probably if he doesn't I'll forget all about it in a few days, or at least within a couple weeks (my brain sometimes remembers those types of things too much, regardless of whether I want it to or not). Plus, I literally haven't seen him or talked to him since 8th grade, so who knows if it's really anything to get excited about.

Funny thing is... a few days ago, this same guy popped into my head for no apparent reason. I wondered what he was up to and if there was some way to find him. The reason he looked me up on myspace? Cuz I popped into his head yesterday. As he said, interesting how timing works...

2 comments:

Maria said...

you know as annoying as myspace can be(i still find time to check it daily) it is AWESOME at finding people you've lost touch with. i hope he calls :) how cool you were both thinking of on another recently!

chickbug said...

that is so fun!