Tuesday, July 17, 2007

crabby

I am so crabby right now. I guess more sad than crabby, but I don't like admitting it when I'm sad, so we'll go with crabby. And of course it's all about stupid boys, which I also don't like admitting.

So the guy I went on a date with last week hasn't called. I even called him last night, left a message, and he hasn't called back. And yeah, he moved Thursday, was away all weekend, and is leaving to go away again tomorrow, so maybe he's just been busy. But how long does it take to call someone back and say "hey I got your message. I'm gonna be too busy before I go out of town to get together but let's plan on hanging out when I get back." Or even, "hey I got your message. I had a good time the other night but I just don't think things are going to work out cuz I'm too busy (or whatever the reason)." Seems to me that would only take a couple minutes. And I'm confused about it since he apparently told his friend, who's dating my friend, that he had a good time with me, liked me, and was going to call me. So I don't understand what happened.

Quite honestly, it's not about him. It's still about the ex. It was just nice to have a week or so where I had someone else to think about, anticipate his phone calls instead of the ex's, think about a future without my ex without freaking out. I know this guy would probably just have been a rebound, since I'm sure I'm not ready for anything serious so soon after the ex. But with this guy, it was the first time after the ex, amongst all the guys I've flirted with or kissed since him, that I actually enjoyed another guy's company. The first time that I wanted it to possibly develop. The first time I thought that maybe, just maybe, it would be possible to move on. And now I'm feeling back to square one, or maybe even worse. You know? Now I feel like I'm never going to find anyone else, because anyone I like apparently doesn't like me.

It just sucks. So I'm crabby.

No comments: