Thursday, July 12, 2007

New horizon?

Well here it is, a week since I last posted. I was so good about posting everyday (through the work week at least) at the beginning... and that was only a month ago. Maybe I'm not cut out for the blogging. Or maybe I just don't have enough going on in my life to blog about (do you get a sense of the unsatisfied life?)

Anyway, I had a date last night. It went really well and I liked the guy, which of course means it will go nowhere. In fact, I'll probably never hear from him again. He's this guy I met through a friend at work's boyfriend-type guy. Did that make sense? I think it did so I won't clarify. Anyway, my friend's boyfriend-type guy came out with us last weekend, and then invited this friend of his out. And so after hanging out with him that night, flirting a little, hand-holding, etc., this guy was apparently "too shy" to ask for my number. He hadn't been shy AT ALL all night, but when it comes to that he is?! So his friend told me that this guy wanted it and so we did exchange numbers. Fast-forward three days, and I still haven't heard from him and decide to just screw convention (and the idea that if he wants to talk to me, he'll call me) and call him myself. Voicemail... so I leave a message. And he does call back about 30 minutes later and we decide to do dinner last night.

We went and had sushi, which I love so I was quite excited about it. And it went well. Lots of good conversation, laughing, generally just a good time. And so we go back to my place and hang out for a little bit... and make out. And, holy-mother, he is a GREAT kisser. He wanted more, but not on the first date. And, in fact, my friend at work and I have implemented a new 3-month rule... meaning no sex for 3 months. It's a good rule for both of us, since we haven't always been perfect angels about that kind of thing. ANyway, I always find it hard to figure out if the guy had a good time or not on dates. I mean, was he just hoping for sex and so he appeared to have a good time at dinner hoping for that? Or will he actually call now knowing that he didn't get any the first date. I'm hoping he will. Problem being, he is really busy. He's moving to a new apartment today, tomorrow he is leaving to go to his dad's for the weekend, and then next Wednesday he's going to Florida for a few days. So that leaves next Monday or Tuesday. And I'm assuming he won't call all weekend, being at his dad's and all, and so my plan is to wait until Monday, and if I haven't heard from him by then, I'll call him and see if he wants to get together Tuesday night. But after that I may leave it up to him to put the effort in. I realize he's busy, his job's busy time of year is summer, but still he should put some of the effort in or else I will feel like I'm forcing myself on him.

And maybe I'm just overanalyzing it all, once again. Oh and for all those of you who are wondering, no still no word from the ex. That makes it 4 weeks this weekend since I've seen him and almost 3 since I've heard from him at all. From now on, let's just say that unless I post otherwise, no word from the ex. I'm even starting to feel okay with it some days, although I wish we had at least had closure. Oh well... time heals all.

No comments: