Monday, July 14, 2008

An Open Letter to Boys (because really, there are no Men)

Dear Boys-

As a single woman, I often have to put up with your shit. I am writing today to ask that you please try to keep that shit to a minimum. I realize that women, in general, overanalyze more than men do. Have certain expectations out of life, different than those of males. But sometimes I think that you often forget how to respectfully treat women. Treat others how you want to be treated. Apparently you guys want me to act interested and then ignore you, to screw with your head.

If we had a good night together, making out but not having sex, and sex was all you wanted, then there's no reason for you to pretend it was something more. I'm a big girl. I can handle the truth. If you don't want to see me again, leave it at "Well maybe I'll run into you sometime." Then there's no expectations of getting together again. Don't give me your number and insist that I call you if you have no plans to answer or call me back. Giving me your number just indicates to me that you had a good time too and want it to happen again. If you don't, then don't give me false hope!

I'm upfront and honest. I will tell you how I'm feeling, even if I think it makes me look bad or isn't what you want to hear. I expect the same from you. Don't play mind games. Don't exchange numbers with me if you have no intention of using it. Just don't bother. Then I won't waste a single minute of my life wondering if you're ever gonna call. I won't take your number, or give you mine if I don't like you. If I don't want to see you again or get to know you better, then I won't waste your time. Please don't waste mine.

Sincerely-
Jenn

Sidenote: I decided to go with reality. Judging by this post, I'm guessing you can figure out how that went for me.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I've decided that I love your blog and have added it to my reader. Damn reality, but it's much better knowing. I sent a message to a boy telling him we needed to talk. I know he'll call eventually but I'm sick of being in the dark. The circumstances are different, but in the end it comes back to let's just be real and tell me what's up :P

Jenn said...

Agreed, reality is a bitch but it's better to know than be in the dark. Good luck with the talk with the boy... and I'm gald you like my blog! Thanks!!