Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Um... what?

I went out with Bass last night. First time in almost 2 weeks. I get the idea that we're basically going to be friends. This is absolutely fine with me. He's a bit random and scattered for me, plus I'm not sure he really knows what he wants out of life. So I basically had told him that I'd like to still hang out if he wanted, but I wasn't going to wait around for him to make up his mind, nor was I going to force him to hang out with me if he didn't want to so the ball was in his court. These are the highlights of the night:

-We got a little drunk and he said he just couldn't be in a relationship with anyone right now, and so was it cool if we were just friends. Yes, Bass. That's fine.

-A cute guy comes in with some friends and he starts talking to me (we'll call him Boston). So no big deal, right? Bass wants to just be friends.

-Bass gets pissed that I'm talking to another guy when I had come there to hang out with him. Hi... we're friends! If I was out with S or J, they would be all for me talking to Boston. I guess Bass and I aren't that kind of friends.

-I kinda go back and forth between the two, ensuring Boston that Bass and I are just friends and he isn't stepping on anyone's toes. Bass eventually leaves and tells me to call him when I'm done at the bar. I kissed Boston a little, gave him my number. Bar closed and I went on my way.

-Called Bass, who wanted me to come over so we could talk. I do so, telling him I'm not staying long. He tells me we should get married. I point out that he would just cheat on me, to which he says "Oh yeah, all the time." He's nothing if not honest.

-He starts being all flirty with me and wants to make out. I tell him that it isn't what he wants. He insists that he does. I insist he only wants it for that night. He insists this isn't the case. I finally give in and we hook up (this has happened before, just not lately or all that often).

-He tells me that he should "accidentally" get me pregnant so I have to be in his life forever. I remind him I'm on birth control. He tells me I should stop taking it so he could knock me up. I politely decline that offer. I leave soon after. Who knows if I'll hear from him again. I wouldn't mind if I didn't.

So for those of you keeping track... Bass doesn't want to date me, doesn't want me to date anyone else, wants to marry me so he can cheat on me all the time, and have babies with me.

Sadly, this is the second guy in the past year who has suggested that we just have babies together but not want to date me.

Where do I find these guys, and how can I stop?

No comments: