Monday, August 6, 2007

Bad Jenn update

Okay, so possibly against my better judgment I sent the ex an email. As my friend at work said, "If he doesn't respond, at least you got some things off your chest about it. Plus he's not emailing you now anyway, so it really won't be any different." I went with that.

The email basically said that I was sorry for calling him drunk and that it wouldn't happen again. Then I went on to say how I hated the way things ended between us and I wish I hadn't made as big of a deal about the festival thing as I had. I said I wouldn't apologize for my feelings because I thought they were valid, but I was sorry I had let it become a bigger deal and be the end of things between us. I told him that I thought he was an amazing person and has endured so much in his life that I hope one day he'll let someone love him the way I tried to, and that he would love them in return. I told him that I knew he'd make a great husband one day if he just lets himself get to that point. I did make it clear that my writing him wasn't a push to win him back and that I didn't really expect a response. That I was just really hoping to feel a little more closure with the way things ended between us, and that I hoped that someday we could be friends again because I missed his friendship.

Now of course I'm nervous, because true I'd LOVE to hear from him. But I'm not holding my breath, and I'm hoping that I did the right thing. Would you have done the same thing in my position?

No comments: