Monday, August 13, 2007

A week of dating

Apparently this week is all about dating for me. I have a date tonight with one guy, one tomorrow with a different guy, and then my friend at work today told me that she has "the perfect guy" for me. Let me now take the time to point out that I am still over the whole concept of love. Quite honestly, I'm not looking forward to any of this.

It just seems like so much effort to put in to something that most likely will not work out in the end. Plus, I've always been bad at dating multiple guys at the same time. I've always been one who will go out with a guy once and determine from there what I want to happen. If I like the guy, then I generally am content with just seeing him, even if he may not be on the same page. This doesn't mean I consider him my boyfriend right away, I just don't look for anyone else because I'm hoping that things will work out with this guy. Or, if I feel lukewarm about the guy, then I generally don't bother going out with him again. Why waste anyone's time? So it's weird for me in the first place to have 2 dates, on back to back days let alone the same week.

I feel bad because given my bitter state, I'm not looking to date anyone or start a relationship with anyone. So I feel like I should just concentrate on myself and not even go out on dates. But I guess it beats sitting at home by myself. Maybe. Possibly not. At least I should be getting two free meals out of this week. If these guys are any kind of gentlemen they wouldn't let me pay. I'll let you know it goes.

No comments: