Thursday, August 9, 2007

Changes are coming

Okay so my bitter attitude is a change for me, as I described in my previous post. I'm still feeling the same... I'm over the idea of me falling in love. I do want to clarify that I think love is great for other people and for those who are in love I'm very happy. I even want my ex to fall in love with someone someday. It won't be me, and thats fine. I just don't want him to be alone for the rest of the life.

I did something fun today... I pretty much got my hair all chopped off. I went into my hairdresser and told her "I want a change. I'm putty in your hands. Whatever you think would look good, I'm ready for it." She seemed to enjoy it once she made sure I meant it. So my hair was originally about halfway down my back. Now I have this cute bob type style that is longer in front and shorter in the back. We also made it a bit darker (milk chocolate is the technical name for the color) and it has a couple blonde highlights throughout. I'd say that it's a little bit like a longer version of Katie Holmes new haircut. Maybe I'm wrong in that assessment, but I don't really care. All I know is that I haven't had my hair this short since I was about 3. And I love it. Love it! Granted I still have to see if I can make it look as cute when I style it myself, but I think it's a great change for me. Am I the only one who does this type of thing? A major change in my life makes me want to basically start over completely and change other things. Some of it physical, like the haircut, but other changes too... like I'm reading The Art of Happiness, which was written by this guy and is basically a bunch of conversations with the Dalai Lama. I've only just started reading it, but I think it's going to make me look at the world differently. Does this seem silly? I mean, why didn't I do these things before? I think the changes (except maybe my new bitter outlook on love) are going to be really good for me.

No comments: