Friday, August 3, 2007

Music

I love music. Pretty much any kind, depending on my mood. I almost always have music on around me... when driving in my car, when sitting at work with nothing to do, while playing on my computer at home, etc. I just can't deal with silence. Music just speaks to me. I feel so much through the words of a song, and I really think that it influences my emotions. My ex never listened to the actual words of songs, but liked songs based on their beat/melody, which is fine, but if I ever felt like a song connected to me and reminded me of him and he heard it, he never got the connection. But anyway...

So I was driving home from work last night, jumping around on the radio stations. I finally settled on one which plays mostly older songs (not oldies, but like from the 80's and 90's) because it was the only station playing any music at the time. So there I was singing along with whatever song came on. One song ended and the song "Maneater" by Hall and Oates comes on (I don't know who of you out there know the song, but its about a woman who basically just eats men up, never falls in love, never settles down, etc.). The song came out when I was like 4 or 5 I think, and I LOVED it back then. I mean, I'd make my dad play it and I would sing it and dance around my living room. Of course at the time I had no idea what the song meant, I just knew the video had a panther in it which I thought was way cool. But I'm thinking that if that was my "theme song" so to speak back in the day, maybe that's why I never seem to find guys who are ready for commitment! Kind of like the song backfired for me or something! Ha ha. Maybe I should become more like the "maneater" and not give a shit either.

Am I the only one who really feels the lyrics to music? I feel like now every song has a meaning and it's as if each song was written for me. I really wish I had a soundtrack of my life... it would be crazy.

No comments: