Thursday, April 17, 2008

American Idol

I'm gonna admit it... I am in love with David Cook from American Idol. I didn't realize it until very recently. Sometimes things like that happen to me... I'm going along on my day to day routine and then BAM! I find myself in love with a reality TV contestant or some character on a show. I'm fully aware that I will never meet these people, but this is the safest way for me to be in love without getting hurt, so I'm okay with it. And quite frankly, in the case of the TV characters, these people don't even exist. But I disgress...

David Cook from AI did not start out as my favorite person on the show. I actually didn't even like him at all, not one little bit... but then, he started getting better. And it was he rendition of "Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey that put me over the edge with him this week. I've decided he could sing that song to me anytime he wanted to. And then to find out last night that he is indeed single! Oh the joy!

I think he could very well win the whole thing, but I actually would prefer that he didn't I think. I mean, Chris Daughtry didn't win his year and he's had a lot more freedom (and hits!) from his album than any other contestant that year. Other than Kelly and Carrie, I generally think people who don't win do better in actual sales. Okay, maybe only Daughtry although Eliot Yamin (my other love, who, swoon!, was also on the show last night) hasn't done too bad. I'm not sure who I want to win this season. Anyone have any thoughts or people they want to see win it all?

No comments: