Monday, April 7, 2008

dating update

So the date went well. We went to a little Mexican restaurant, which was quite tasty. He's cute-ish. I'm not sure he's someone I would have found cute if I had just randomly met him when I was out with friends... but definitely not ugly or anything. The thing with me is that I am someone who admits that looks do play a big part in relationships. I mean, you have to physically be attracted to the person in order to want to make the effort to get to know them. I'm not saying they're everything, but they are important. But I'm trying to allow myself to not stress that too much. Like I said, he's cute-ish so worth another date or so.

He does have a good personality. He's a talker, which is important to me. He's always telling stories and manages to keep the conversation going, which is a plus. I can totally see hanging out with him, getting together for drinks, in a group of friends, etc. I'm not sure yet if I see him more as a friend or a potential bf. But again, I'm trying not to stress too much about that yet either.

He texted practically right after the date to say he had fun, so no "3-day rule" with him. This is something that thrills me! I can't tell you how annoyed I get playing games and waiting and seeing... if you like someone, just let them know. Then he called me later that day and texted me that night. Now, some people might think this is a bit much, but it was nice. It wasn't done in a crazy stalkerish kinda way. We talked briefly again Sunday.

Then yesterday he texts me while I was at work and invites me over for dinner. So I go over there. He had made tacos, which were delish, and then we hung out for a while... played some Wii, and then made out a bit. It was nice. I'm still not sure how I like him or anything though. I was discussing it with my bf S and we decided that I'm probably not sure because it's different than what I'm used to... I usually have that instinctive "I want to get you into bed, rip your clothes off, and spend hours at a time there" feel to guys that I date. With him, it's all very nice and pleasant, but I don't have that "rip your clothes off" mentality. And maybe that's a good thing. Obviously I'm still single for a reason, and if this is starting off differently than the way most of my relationships start off, then maybe I just need to chill and see what happens with it.

2 comments:

Simply Taylor said...

Slow is best sometimes....it will pick up on the fast lane before you know it....and the Rrrrroaring feeling of the 'sexual' feenings will echo in your head telling you long before thats its time to POUNCE! :D Feel it out....baby steps!

Jamie said...

OMG! You just described this guy I'm dating, exactly! I'll be having dinner at his house tomorrow, so we'll see:)

I figure I'll not think to much & see where it leads since it's not what I'm used to. He even sent the text after the first date! So refreshing!