Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Well now that that's over...

I just sent the guy I'd been talking to a text asking him if he wanted to come over for dinner tomorrow night. This is what I got in response: "No I have a friend in from out of town. I think you are a great person but I think we are better off as friends." So that's that I guess. I don't get it, since he was obviously into me before. Maybe I said something to make him question it. Maybe this "friend" from out of town is really an ex who he's trying to work things out with (since that's happened to me before). Who knows.

I'm a little hurt by it, after all rejection never feels good. But not terribly so. I think after I got used to him not calling and texting every day like he had when we first started talking, I kinda figured he wasn't interested anymore. When he still randomly would call or text, it was just confusing so at least now I know.

I'm not good at "dating." This is something I've come to realize. I'm great at being a girlfriend, but horrible at dating. I don't play the games well. I hate waiting around and wondering. And I can't date more than one person at a time. If I'm interested in someone, that's who I want to hang out with. Even if we haven't had "the talk" and made things official or anything, if I like you I'm not going to be looking anywhere else. I hate having to go through all the getting to know you bs with someone new all the time. So I'm not good at the dating, because not knowing where I stand with someone tends to make me a little crazy. But I guess it's back to the drawing board once again. I feel like I'm getting too old for this...

No comments: