Friday, April 4, 2008

Weekend date

Since all my friends have gone and gotten themselves paired up with someone (see this post) I once again decided to try the online dating thing. Now I've done this before, which is I how I met the ex that caused all of this blogging to begin with, so while some good has come of it before, so has some heartache. And I'll admit that I wasn't sure I was ready for all that again. But I figured it might be a good way to get some free food and drinks, which I am always up for.

So this weekend I have a lunch date with this guy who seems utterly charming and funny. We actually had emailed/talked a bit back in December (the last time I did online dating) and we got along well then. But then we kinda lost touch. I think he was talking to a couple other girls at the same time and decided to see how things would work out with one of them, since he was supposed to call me and then I just never heard from him again. Can't really fault him for that since that kinda comes with the territory of online dating... you're dating around, seeing what happens, etc.

Anyway, so he emails me Monday, we talk on the phone Tuesday night, he sends me a text Wednesday, calls me Thursday night, and has texted me today. We made plans on Tuesday to grab lunch this weekend, so that's happening tomorrow. I'm apprehensively looking forward to it. I'm not convinced I want to go, but mostly because I'm tired of dating around and just want to be with a good guy. But I understand this is the first step to figure out if he is a good guy.

I'll keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm excited to hear how it went! I'm doing this online thing & not sure I'm liking it. Most of them I don't want to meet in person.