Saturday, April 12, 2008

Grumpy

I'll admit it... I'm a little grumpy today. It's one of those days where I don't really want to go out tonight, but I don't wanna just hang out at home by myself either. I went out last night and had a good time, but money is a little tight until I get paid again, so I'm trying to not spend too much. Plus, whereas the weather was in the 60's last night and clear, today it's only been mid-40's and rainy off and on all day... so it will be much colder and really the perfect night to just stay in and cuddle by the fire with your man. Of course I don't have a man to do that with. The guy I've been talking to (and about on the blog for the last week or so) is sick, and quite honestly I'm not sure he's that into me anymore. So even if he wasn't sick, I probably wouldn't give him a call to invite him over to cuddle by the fire anyway.

So as I'm driving me and S to the bar last night, she's on the phone with her bf Fly Boy. As she's getting off the phone she says "I love you too." I seriously did a double-take. Mind you, these guys have been dating for only slightly over a month! And they are already to the "I love you" every time they hang up the phone stage?! Granted they have known each other for years, since high school, and I don't have any doubt that they mean it and aren't just saying it to say it. But still, I was shocked. And then it got me thinking about how long it's been since I've had someone say that to me on a regular basis. Yeah, yeah my friends and family tell me, but I mean a guy. Even the ex, who I dated for over a year, didn't say it on a regular basis. He was so emotionally immature that he barely ever said it, unless I said it first and he felt like he was obligated. I seriously think there was only one or two times he said it to me first. And before him, I was single fo a while, only dating here and there but never anywhere near the "I love you" phase. Sadly I think I'd have to go all the way back to the guy I dated for 3 and a half year, between the ages of 16 and 20, to find a guy who told me he loved me on a daily basis. This is such a sad realization.

2 comments:

chickbug said...

fyi- if a guy is unable to say "i love you", no matter what the excuse, it is a FANTASTIC thing he is an "ex". =)

Jenn said...

I definitely agree! I just don't know how I manage to find all the guys who apparently can't utter those words... lol