Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Restless

Restless! Maybe that's the word I was trying to think of when I created this blog. I may be somewhat unsatisfied at certain parts of my life, but I think a better description for it is that I'm restless. I want great things to come from my life. I want to do great things. I want to have a family, a job I love, and a life where I'm content with (just about) everything. Until I get there, I love my current life... I'm just restless waiting for the other things to fall into place.

I was very productive today... working from home, looked through a new cookbook to get some new ideas for my diet, cleaned my kitchen, did some work on this interior design course I'm taking. I am very happy and proud of everything I've accomplished today, but as I sat down to watch some television, I still felt that feeling of being unsatisfied. Maybe I was just bored because there really wasn't anything to watch on television. Then I watched a rerun of Sex and the City and it all became clear. I'm not unsatisfied. I have a great life - a great family who loves me, a nice home, a job (albeit one I don't LOVE, but it pays me every two weeks at least), and I'm having sex on a regular basis. I mean, really. With all that, I can't be unsatisfied. I'm just restless. I can't wait for bigger and better things to come to my life. And I'll make them happen. I'm restless, but I won't always be.

No comments: