Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Working from home

So this afternoon I decided to work from home instead of sitting around the office. I'm able to do this since, for all intents and purposes (is that right? I always thought it was a different saying, or maybe I still am wrong...) my mom is my boss. She completely understands that I can do work from home just as easily as at the office, as long as I have no patients to see. I have no patients all week. Anyway, you know how some people say they are going to "work from home" and really mean, "I'm going home and might look at some work, but mostly I'm going to do other things"? Well I actually think I get more done, and faster, when I work at home. When Ihave nothing to do at the office, I'll do a little work, I'll play some games, I'll go bother my mom, do a little more work... you get the drift. Well, at home, I knocked out a lecture in an hour. That's the same amount of work I would have gotten done if I had stayed at work all day. Plus, I got to do it while sitting on my couch, wearing more comfortable clothes, and sporadically playing with my dog as well. This is the kind of day at work (or not) I don't mind. See, not completely unsatisfied! Short post today... might write more later. We'll see.

No comments: