Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Shove it

I am so pissed right now at my stupid aforementioned ex. You know, the one I'm still sleeping with because we are "casually dating?" Well last weekend we made plans to go out this coming weekend to a festival in town. It's a pretty big deal around here, and I said to him "Can we do like we did last year where you went with your friends one night and the I joined you guys the other night?" And he readily agreed and said it sounded like a good idea. So I send him an email about it today trying to make plans for it and he replies with "Sorry I misled you. We were drunk when we talked about it and I have friends coming in from out of town and wanted to just hang out with them. Plus I've seen you a lot lately, so I need some me time." (Okay those weren't his exact words, but that was the general gist of it).

Okay, first of all, if he plans on spending all weekend with his friends that he doesn't see very often, he's not really getting any "me time", right? Secondly, its not like if I'm there he won't be able to spend time with these friends from out of town. After all, all his other friends from here in town will also be there, and he's not telling them that their presence will detract from him spending time with the out-of-towners. Thirdly, it makes me feel like we're "casually dating" at his discretion. Whenever he doesn't want me around, he just tells me that he's just going to spend time with his friends. Even if he and I have already previously made (albeit drunken) plans. And it makes me think that the reason he doesn't want me around at all is so he can find some other chick... why else would he turn down the option of getting laid at least once this weekend? Plus, when we first started dating (and I mean second date, before I even considered him my boyfriend) he brought me around his friends all the time. Now, he never invites me to go along when he's going out with his friends. The only time I ever see any of his friends are if they come over to his pool when I'm there. I feel like he's hiding me or ashamed of me or something. And all I really want to do right now is tell him off. But at the same time, I need to be ready to handle whatever consequences that might bring, including the possibility that he might decide we shouldn't see each other at all anymore, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. If I tell him that yeah, I'm pissed about this, then he'll be pissed at me for not understanding and demanding too much of his time. So instead I think I'm just going to do my best to forget all about him. I'm not going to call, text, email, or anything... and then maybe by the time he gets around to calling me, I'll have moved on and be able to tell him to shove it.

No comments: