Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I hate dating

I had a date last night. I'm doing the eHarmony thing (which coincidentally is where I met my ex the first time I tried it), and have been out with two different guys now from it. See I really am trying to move on past my ex. Problem being that I haven't like either guy. The first one was funny and we got along, but I didn't find him attractive at all. The guy last night was cuter, but I just found him to be a little too dorky and the conversation just really wasn't there. Plus, even though I found him cuter, I still couldn't ever picture myself kissing him, let alone anything else.

It seems like I really only meet two types of guys. Dorks, who I'm not attracted to but who would probably treat me well. And cocky guys, who I'm attracted to but probably would end up being jerks or only in it for the sex. I think thats why I loved (and still love) my ex. He had the right balance between dork and cocky. He was cute, but not so hot that I would worry that every girl at the bar would hit on him if he went out with his friends (although I'm sure he got some level of girls hitting on him). He was funny, nice, talkative. We got along from the instant I met him, and there was definitely attraction there. Plus he is a little on the dorkier side, in that he likes watching things about history and nature on television. Thats not all he watches, but you get my point. He was the perfect blend. And the more I go out with guys who I don't end up liking, the more it reminds me of how good he was. It honestly makes me think that he really is the one for me, and if he isn't the one for me, maybe there isn't one for me at all.

No comments: