Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sleep... or lack thereof

Well I think we're up to the fourth reason I am dissatisfied currently with my life. And I promise we're almost done with my reasons... I think only one more after this. And then maybe we can move on and just blog about other topics.

The problem here is my lack of sleep. I have been having an awful time sleeping lately, leaving me feeling tired all the time. And yet, when I go to bed, even if I'm yawning and physically exhausted, my mind goes into hyperdrive. I think about the most random things and can't seem to stop my mind from racing. This makes it hard to actually fall asleep. And the more I toss and turn and try to stop my thoughts, the more I can't sleep. The thing is, while these thoughts often feel like the most important things ever at night, the next day I can barely remember what it is that kept me awake. Then, when I do finally fall asleep, I often wake up two or three times having to go to the bathroom. Luckily, so far (knock on wood), I don't generally have trouble falling back asleep after these bathroom trips. of course, I'm aware this could change anytime.

Now many people may be thinking, "this chick just likes to complain. everyone I know has trouble sleeping." Well I didn't use to have these troubles. I used to go to bed, read for about 30 minutes, fall asleep within 30 minutes of putting my book down, and then maybe wake up once, often not at all. I'd get a good 7.5 hours a night. Now it takes me a good hour after reading to fall asleep, if not longer. Sigh... I'm thinking that it may be all the other unsatisfaction that's adding to the problems sleeping.

No comments: