Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Can I Keep this Blog After Another Year?

Well, it's my birthday. I'm 29. My last year as a 20-something. And as a friend of mine pointed out, only another 365 days until the big 3-0. I've been having mixed feelings about my birthday this year, but I woke up this morning and decided that life really is what you make of it. And gosh darn it, I choose to be happy.

I choose to not care that I'm not where I thought I'd be at this stage of my life. I choose not to care that I'm not married. I choose to not care that I don't yet, and may never, have kids. I choose to focus on the positive.

I read this quote yesterday: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." (Albert Einstein). I've decided this will be my theme this year. I will always try to take what has happened in the past and learn from it so mistakes aren't repeated. I will always try to make the most of each day. And I will continue to have hope that one day, all my dreams will be realized.

I know there will still be times that I feel alone or lonely. If I feel that way, I will do something about it. I know there will be times (probably lots) that I want to be with this boy or that boy and wonder why he doesn't want to be with me. If I feel that way, I will remind myself that if he doesn't want me, then I don't want him. That someone out there does want to be with me and if I spend too much time focusing on the wrong guy, the right one might pass me by.

I know I still have a lot of learning and growing, but I'm at a place where the past doesn't look as good as it used to and the future keeps looking better and better. My happiness is my own. No one else can make me happy or take it away from me.

I have faith that 29 will be the best year ever. Let me repeat that... the BEST YEAR EVER!

(And those days that I'm questioning it or feeling bad? Just redirect me here and I'll say to myself, "oh yeah." Plus, don't worry... I'm sure I will still have many boy stories.)

3 comments:

chickbug said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And, I would venture to say 29 has been my best year ever....so I hope it is for you too!

Maria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope it is really special and you do something great this weekend!!!


I don't think we are ever where we thought we would be.

I love your new motto and this year will be the freakin' best :)

Auburn Kat said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I'm so late!!!