Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Running into The Reason

We're taking a break from Juice today... well at least for this post. Because really, too much juice just gives you extra sugar and calories that are not needed. (Okay, that time I was talking actual juice not the who-knows-if-he's-still-my-boyfriend Juice, although one could argue that he too may give me extra calories, but I digress...)

Here's the thing. I happen to know (via facebook) that The Reason will be at a certain bar this Friday. This bar is one that my friends and I often go to, although we haven't been in a couple months. I'm kinda all about going there Friday to "happen" to run into him. I know. What am I thinking? Well let me tell you what I'm thinking...

First, there are times that I still think I have feelings for him. Not often. Usually if I'm already having a bad day, or are down about something, and see or hear something that reminds me of him. That's when I think I still have feelings for him. Part of me thinks that if I see him, I'll realize that I'm so over him and don't want him back. Which will, in turn, make those moments a thing of the past.

Second, when you live in the same town as your ex, even one as large as C-bus is, you're bound to run into them eventually. It's really just a matter of time before our paths take us to the same bar one night, or run into each other at a mall, or what have you. And everyone knows that the first time you see an ex after you've broken up is the hardest. People don't usually have the luxery of knowing when that will be. If I go to this bar on Friday, knowing I'm likely going to run into him, I will be prepared and therefore it won't be as hard as just happening to run into him. Plus, this will allow me to look my best, which is also often not the case if you actually just happen to run into an ex.

Third, his new girlfriend won't be there. At least via textbook it says that she won't. Which would also be good, cuz even if I'm over him, I'm not sure I'd want to see him with a new girl. It' just one of those things. As happy as I am that I'm not with him and (maybe, potentially) dating someone else, it would still hurt a little to see him with someone new. This is also not a luxery one usually has when seeing the ex.

Finally, I like to think of it as my bar. It's not his. I've avoided going to bars that I know he goes to a lot, or at least did when we were together. So I want him to know that this is a bar I go to. Me, not him. I know it doesn't have to be this way. But it would make him think twice about going there again probably, which would greatly reduce the number of times we would actually just happen to run into each other.

So, what do you think? Am I being stalker-ish about this? Am I just rationalizing reasons to go there? Do you think that I'd even be thinking about going there if Juice and I were still in happy-land? (You knew it would all come back to juice in the end, didn't you?!)

2 comments:

chickbug said...

Yes, you are rationalizing. Yes, you wouldn't be thinking of going if things weren't on the rocks with Juice. You are just going to add unnecessary drama in your life by going. You don't gain anything by going. Be the confident, self-assured person you are and focus on other things besides The Reason. He doesn't deserve the attention.

Maria said...

are you goin to go to the bar?