Monday, November 3, 2008

What Are Friends For?

I'm currently feeling a little pissed at my friends. I'm always, ALWAYS there for them when they're going through something with a guy. S's huge break-up? I was right there with her. J's arguing with her Navy boy? I literally have listened to them fight over the phone, not saying anything for 15 minutes (okay, I'm not sure that made sense... I was talking to J on the phone. She was at her house with Navy boy, and they literally yelled at each other for at least 15 minutes while I just sat there listening, wishing I could help my friend). Not to mention all the times she's called bawling about how awful it is with him. E's many break-ups and new boys? I hear about all of them in great detail (think: then I said this, and then he said this, so I said this, and then he said this... you get the picture).

And I try to not vent too much to them about my boy problems. That's part of why I created this blog in the first place. I wanted to be able to whine about my issues, even though many of them may be self-inflicted, without feeling like I was annoying my friends or just repeating myself over and over again to them.

But today, what with has gone on with Juice (who btw? hasn't called tonight like he said he would. but I'm trying to chalk that up to him needing time to think, so I didn't call him either), I really needed some emotional support. S got a brief version at work, but not in detail. And although on most days she has a few minutes to come back to my office to text her bf, somehow just didn't have enough time today. Nor has she called tonight to check in on me. I called E (who also got a brief version via email today) because she would talk to me about it tonight. I got a "hey, I'm eating right now, can I call you back?" That was 3 and a half hours ago. And I called J and had to settle for voicemail, saying I really needed to talk to her about Juice and please call me back. Nothing.

I really needed to talk to someone tonight, to keep my mind off the fact that Juice hadn't called and that we were probably over for the time being. And I get a big fact nothing. it sucks to be the good friend who is always there for any of my girls when I need them and get nothing in return. Maybe I'm being overly bitchy, but I really needed someone.

1 comment:

Maria said...

i hate that feeling when my friends let me down. i was in a bad relationship for over 2 years and he used to tell me my friends didn't care about me and when they wouldn't call me back i actually believed him. they were just sick of hearing me complain. and then with the fairy tale boy i've had to start a journal cuz i'm pretty sure my friends are sick of hearing that too. you always have your blogger friends, but that doesn't replace talking on the phone. i hope your friends call you soon! *hugs*