Thursday, November 6, 2008

No More Juice For Me

Well maybe that's not completely true. No more boyfriend Juice right now. I decided to call him while I was waiting for patients this afternoon, just got off the phone with him actually, and we had a discussion about... well kinda everything.

He feels like he's not mentally anywhere able to give me what I deserve (you know how I feel about that), given that his last relationship just ended 2 months ago after 4 years of being together. She really mentally fucked him over (excuse my language) and he's scared to try again and still hurting from that. He doesn't want to drag me into it.

He thinks I'm amazing. He hopes that maybe when he figures it all out we can give it another shot, but doesn't expect me to wait around cuz he doesn't know how long it will take. He appreciates me and cares about me. He just needs to take care of himself first before he can give anything to anyone else. He's also sorry he's left me in limbo and said he's thought about me a lot over the past couple days.

For now, we're just gonna be friends. He says he'll call me sometime this weekend or beginning of next week. I hope he really does. Because I understand where he's coming from. And I care about him. Even if we can't be together, I want to be in his life and I want him in mine. Maybe that's stupid. Maybe everyone will tell me that it'll be harder to stay friends if there's still feelings involved. But I think I can do it. I've done it before. And who knows what the future holds.

2 comments:

Maria said...

i know people would disagree with me but in my opinion always hold out hope. you may never have the right timing (believe me how i know this) but it's so nice to just be in each others lives. there are times where it's SO hard to just be friends, when you just want to touch their arm or kiss their lips or pretty much just reach through the phone and grab them. always be honest with one another and you will be fine. am i rambling again LOL

Auburn Kat said...

I think it's probably for the better that he takes sometime before he gets in another relationship. Afterall you deserve to be with a guy who knows who he is as a person and can give you 100% of their attention!